Web/Digital Designer living in Scotland since 2012, working as freelance and currently looking for a designer or front-end developer position in a creative space.
Over the last 7 years, I have worked in several projects improving the digital presence of companies of many different kinds.
I am a graduate from the Polytechnic University of Valencia, with a Ba in Fine Arts, and cursed studies from Industrial Design’s Master at the same university when I started to work as Web Designer at Internet Tourist Solutions, one of the main holiday rentals booking company in Spain, where I was on charge of the redesign of the company’s booking system.
In 2010 decided to move to work in a freelance basis where I found different sized challenges, from small business to large content portals with millions of visits per month.
- LESS/Sass preprocessors
- WordPress theming
- Responsive Web Design
- Progressive enhancement
- User Experience
- W3C Standards & Accessibility
- Cross browser compatibility
- Web Design
- Understanding of PHP
Freelance Graphic and Web Designer – August 2010 – Present
- Working with different sized business improving their graphic and digital presence
- Collaborated with other designers to turn their designs into working websites;
- Use and create themes for some of the most popular CMS like WordPress, Magento, Prestashop, GetSimple, etc.
- Using productivity technologies like Grunt, Bower or Git.
- Teamed with developers and editors from around the world.
- Producing motion graphics videos with thousands of visits per month in Youtube
Web designer – December 2007 – August 2010
- One of the biggest holiday rentals booking company in Spain
- I was a link between IT and Marketing department.
- Briefing with clients and our Marketing representatives.
- Responsible of the graphic design of their wide client portfolio, designing brochures, logotypes and banners.
- Design websites and convert into working HTML and CSS code
- Fit the company’s booking system in our clients’ websites.
- Working in a team based environment
- Use of version control tools like SVN, solving cross browser incompatibilities, accessibility and usability awareness, etc.
- Improve the user experience of the company’s product (a booking system) and the redesign of the company’s own booking portal muchosol.com working through several iterations of wireframes and mock-ups.
IT Teaching Assistant – February – June 2014
Helping unemployed people that barely had contact with computers and Internet in Edinburgh.
Matria Women’s Association | 2009 – Present
Ongoing collaboration with this non-profit association, creating its logotype, promotional posters, stationery, and advising in IT matters.
- Fundamentals of Interaction Design M364, Feb-Oct 2013, Open University.
- Master in Engineering Design, 2006-stand by, UPV, Valencia. (110 out of 120 credits)
- Web Design and Multimedia Course, 2006, SERVEF (350 hours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, First Class, 2001-2006, UPV, Valencia(With a Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC)